If you’re competing in a pageant system like the Miss America Organization, one of the key pieces of paperwork that your judges will read over and pull interview questions from is the Platform Statement. This one-page essay is the time to show your judges, before you even meet them, the passion you have for the platform you have chosen along with your marketing plan to promote both your platform and the local, state, or national competition level you are competing for.
When it comes time to sit down and write your Platform Statement, we have comprised a set of paragraph guidelines to follow to ensure that your Platform Statement is written most effectively! To keep formatting and content organization simple and easy to read, we recommend having only four paragraphs.
- What is the problem?
- Why did you select this issue to be your platform?
- What is your personal relation to this issue?
- What does the organization you work closely with do to support your cause?
- What have you already done to promote your platform?
- What significant accomplishments have you made regarding your platform?
- How has the organization you work with benefitted from your efforts?
- What will you do as Miss _____?
- What is your marketing plan for the future of your platform as a titleholder?
- How do you plan to fund your awareness campaigns, if needed?
- Why is it necessary for you to become a titleholder in order to promote your platform?
- Sum up your key points introduced in your first three paragraphs.
- Include how you will change peoples attitudes regarding this issue.
- End your Platform Statement with a positive notion of the future direction in which your platform is headed.
Want feedback on a rough draft of your Platform Statement? Submit it for review to one of our consultants – Click HERE!